Sunday, October 20, 2013

So here I am, let's try this once again shall we?

Hmmm So much has changed from a few years ago. At the time of my last posting oh so many years ago I was on the brink of divorce and in a very unhappy place. *TA DA* Here I am now and am so very happy to say I am in a much better place. Hubby and I are still very much together, in love and determined to be one of those couples that really meant till death do us part. It wasn't easy, it wasn't always pretty but then again nothing really worth having ever is. Communication is the key! Cliché? Yes but TRUE! So onward and upward!! We are now back in our home state of Kentucky and let me tell you it is Heaven on earth! We're back with our families and have been treading the murky waters with all of that but it's good. It's hard to pick up exactly where you left off especially when you've been gone for 20+ years. My sisters are grown women with lives all their own. My middle sister is married with two kids and my baby sister is slowly figuring out what/who she wants to be as she grows. Our boys are grown men! When the hell did that happen?? I blinked and they were suddenly men! Noooooooooo!!! In my minds eye they're still my little men playing legos and mommy is the most important woman in their lives. *sigh* But the truth is my oldest is now married, he celebrates his first anniversary this week and my youngest is still living in Oklahoma. He is visiting with us right now, been here three weeks but leaves again Monday. *sob* I guess I should look at this as a good thing, they're living on their own and making their way through life but deep down in the inner recesses of my heart I miss my babies. I miss sticky kisses and snuggles before bedtime. Oh well there's always grandbabies...........NOT anytime soon!! I am working. I finally landed one of those Monday through Friday 8-4 jobs. YAY no more shift work for me!! I still have the hair dressing license but cannot use it here. To do that I would have to go back to school for an additional 300 hours and since I was a so-so beautician to begin with I decided not to fool with it. Hubby is still unemployed but that's A-OK with me. This is the first time since he was 16 that he hasn't had a paying job. He has taken time off to figure out what he really wants to do and I whole heartedly support that. Sooo this is what's been happening in my little corner of the web. What have you been up to?

No comments: